Friday, July 8, 2011

Fan Mail

Here is an email I received concerning an article I wrote in February 2010 on the recession of 1937,

Jonathan, that is ths most outrageous example of right-wing BS and double-speak I've ever heard.  Blaming the recession of 1937 on unions and government regulation is in a word....crazy.  Tax revenues went up because 1936 was a pretty good year, but the government did in fact cut domestic spending significantly and monetary policy probably in fact played the largest role.  You are quite simply...living in a fantasy world.
By far, the best fan mail I've received yet.

2 comments:

  1. The battle of ideas is in full force these days. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a similar comment regarding the whole right wing thing:

    "you right libs always crack me up. There is obviously more wrong in the Republican party than there is on the Democratic one, stop being such a Republcan sympathizer "

    its funny how we are somehow labeled this way...

    ReplyDelete